Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Standard
New features in Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 include:
- The ability to add connect stations and thin clients over the LAN via traditional RDP clients.
- Support for RemoteFX capable thin clients.
- A shared management console extensibility with Windows Small Business Server 2011 and Windows Home Server 2011.
- The ability to be backed up by Windows Small Business Server Essentials 2011 (the only server SKU that allows and supports this).
- Features that allow administrators to view and interact with thumbnails of station desktops, including.
- Projecting a single station’s desktop to one or all stations.
- Locking the keyboard and mouse of station and displaying a message
- Remotely opening and/or closing applications.
- Restricting internet browsing to a specific list of sites or blocking browsing to a specific list of sites.
- Management of multiple WMS servers and stations from within a single administration console.
- Support for running within a virtual machine.
- Distribution through a wider variety of distribution channels for both editions.